Specialising in
Contesting Wills

Call me, I answer the phone
Print This Page

What is the difference between 'contesting a will' and 'challenging a will'?

These phrases are really just different ways of saying the same thing. BUT ... there are two different ways to contest a will.

The first is a family provision claim. That is when you have been left out of a will or you have been treated unfairly in a will.  

The second way to contest a will, or challenge a will, or dispute a will, is to say the will itself is invalid and should be struck out. These types of cases usually arise when the person who made the will was suffering from dementia or alzheimers or they were put under pressure by a relative to change their will. If your situation falls into this category we suggest you call us on 1800 720 211 without delay. It is important to get experienced advice advice.